Johnston’s Coachlines has a strong track record in attracting the best calibre of individuals seeking a career as a professional long distance touring coach driver.
If you are interested in a driving career with Johnston’s Coachlines the contact details are noted below. Your first point of contact should be in writing with a copy of your two page resume attached.
Successful candidates need to go through an extensive driver training programme.
- Attainment of Passenger Endorsement License
- Defensive and hazard identification driver training
- Completion of First Aid Certificate
- NZQA unit standards achieved
- Customer service training
- Tour manager/escort training
- Tour commentary training
- Advance driver techniques training and proficiency test
- Route familiarisation training
- Two Island operating proficiency training
- Achievement of the National Certificate in Passenger Service
- Achievement of the National Certificate in Tour Leadership